Friday, August 8, 2008

The Third Chapter: Chapter 1

I'm more than a little bit rusty, but I think that I know what I'm doing with this story. Did you check out that snappy new picture that I made? What a basin! Probably the reddest one you've ever seen! Anyways, don't get too excited. There's more wonders to behold up ahead. I give you, after a long long wait, the most anticipated online-blog-story-revival-third-chapter of all time!

The Red Basin II: The Third Chapter: Chapter 1: The Road to DDT.


The small rusty car ambled along the quiet city road, between the run-down old buildings and shops, none of which were up-to-date on the latest heath codes. A gently clinking sound followed the car, as tiny bits of safety glass fell off and bounced to keep up with the old vehicle, before coming to a quiet stop on the street. Or I guess sometimes on the sidewalk. That's another health code violation, I'm sure. Bikes could break their tired on that glass!
"Bikes could break their tires on all this glass!" Noah pointed out as they scooted along, his matted hair trying so hard to wave in the breeze coming in through the broken passenger seat window. Emily, the driver, was all puffy looking and red, on account that her dog had apparently just been exploded or something moments ago in the same seat Noah was now slumping in. Remember that part? She didn't really explode, it was a big weird fat guy that smashed his face through the window. Hilarious! Anyways, as they drove along, Noah kept pulling pieces of glass out of his backside and tossing them out the window-hole. "Do you think that I'm going to get sick or something if I get dog blood in me?" Noah asked his sulky friend. "I mean, I'm sure it would be no big deal, like a cold or something, but that might be enough for me to skip some work, right?" Emily turned a puffy eye to Noah, then shook her head and turned back to her driving. "Jeez, you'd think it was the first time you've had a pet explode or something, the way you're pouting." Emily turned back to Noah, this time there was a hint of anger in her puffs. "Hey, don't give me that look! I mean, I've had The G Bomb for like 5 years now, and he's exploded seriously like a hundred times, or more!" At the mention of his name, the little robot in the back lit up his eye-plate and began to kick the back of Noah's seat, slowly at first, but speeding up steadily. "It's no big deal, all you have to do is save some of this goop and take it to The Doctor (Ooo! New character mentioned there, make sure you put that in your "The Red Basin II: Companion Notebook!") and he'll just mix up a new Princess! Maybe even a better one! Maybe, but don't hold me to this, a Princess that can make coffee, or play music or somethi-."
"I don't want a new Princess!" Emily snapped, her puffs faded, and her normal face returned, only angrier than normal. So I guess her angry-normal face. "And besides, you dope, The G Bomb is a robot. I'm not going to get into the differences with robots and living creatures with you right now, because I don't have all day to explain it to your thick head." She looked pretty mad now. She's not as nice as I remember, to be honest.
"Oh well, you'll see, a new Princess will be better, weather you like it or not, it's going to be cool! Also, since we're on the topic of this goop I'm sitting on, do dogs have spicy mustard in them? Like, that's normal, right?"
"What? No, that's a stupid ques-." Emily turned and looked at Noah with a disgusted look. "Did you taste that stuff?"
"Uh, no, a piece flew into my mouth. Wind resistance or something. Maybe gravity. No, it just looks like mustard! Stop looking at me like that!"
"That's the most disgusting thing I think I've ever heard." Emily shuddered, and turned once again, back to the driving. She's not the best driver, she keeps looking over at Noah or goo or something. Eyes on the road, lady!
"So if dogs don't contain tasty spicy mustard, where did that come f-f-r-r-o-o-m-m? D-d-i-i-d-d y-y-o-o-u-u-." The G Bomb had reached an intense level of banging, and was beating the back of Noah's seat with a vengeance. "C-c-u-u-t-t i-i-t-t- o-o-u-u-t-t!" Noah slammed the seat into the recline position, squishing The G Bomb into a prone position. "You little jerk!" Noah growled, as he turned around to scold the machine. When he looked, the robot began rattling, and a sound like grinding gears erupted from the little robot, followed by a hiss as gasses escaped. The G Bomb shuddered and his lights all went out, his movement slowed and stopped, and a small puff of smoke wafted up from his chest cabinet. "Oh no!" Noah, with a look of genuine concern, leaned back, unfastening his seat belt as he poked his face toward the quiet machine. As soon as he was turned all the way around though, The G Bomb's chest cabinet swung open, catching Noah in the jaw, and sending him reeling back to the front seat. "You little... toaster." Noah grumbled, rubbing his bumped jaw and re-fastening his seat belt.
"You are less than dirt." The G Bomb rasped in his clanky voice. Emily laughed openly, a smile finally returning to her face.
"You know that he wants to kill you, right?" She asked between chuckles.
"Yea, he always has, the stupid tin can." Noah said flicking a piece of glass out of the window. "Hey, where is this place we're supposed to go, anyways? Aren't we close?"
"How could you think we're close if you don't know where it is?" Emily asked.
"I was judging."
"Judging what, the sun?"
"Does that work?" Emily looked at Noah, and, with her best "I'm-not-lying-to-you" face, she replied.
"Of course it does, how do you think sailors know how to get across the ocean?"
"Har har, very funny." Noah retorted, looking smug. "Sailors don't use the sun, you liar, they use dolphins, everyone knows that."
"You didn't see the dolphins a couple blocks back? They were point this way."
"Wait, what?" Noah turned around and looked through the trail of dust following them back the way they had came. "I think I must have missed them."
"Yea, you must have." Emily smiled at her dopey friend. The G Bomb began kicking the back of his seat, slowly.

No comments: