Friday, August 8, 2008

Part 1.

This isn't really a blog. It's more of just a ramble, or maybe babble. Whichever works. Or wait, it could possibly be an Anti-blog. We'll go with that. But enough of this gay banter, it makes no sense for me to be adding this nothing at the beginning of a long and interesting tale. This entry (or anti-entry) is called The Red Basin, after all. Sit back and listen. Or read. It's a tale, of which there is no point, but has the potential to captivate and enslave the mind. No, it doesn't, but it might give you ideas for other spin-offs of sitcoms that could be on the horizon. Although Humor isn't the main ingredient, I'll be sure to add as much of it as I see fit, weather appropriate to the situation or atmosphere or not.
Well, as the tale begins, I must first point out the characters that take part in it.
Beginning with the least important (as is the custom for stories about nothing) we have Harold R. Goods. An aging man from the southern United States, that suffers from bad arthritis in his knees and elbows. His prominent features are all stereotypical in the category of elderly homeless man. His face is long and his eyes are fairly hollow, but he has tales that could keep the attention of even those most terribly afflicted with ADD. But enough about this rotten old man., His part is minor, and meaningless in the Grand Skeem of Things. His character bothers me, and I assume that I will make his part even less significant in the days to come, due to this non-liking I have for him.
Second, we have a character who's role may actually be considered as substantial, although not major or meaningful in any way shape or form. Jason A. D. Simon is a young man (possibly in his mid 30's?) that although having not gone to school prior to his high-school graduation, is doing fairly well for himself, and has purchased a small boutique in the northern end of the city you will be introduced to in some time, on a street called Dugald. In fact, the address of this building is #223, Dugald Street. Uninteresting. The boutique shares residence (and rent) in #223 Dugald with a Cafe' called White Rooster Cafe'. Slightly digressed from the description of Jason A. D. Simon, but it will come up in this story, to be sure. Returning to my previous train of thought, Jason stands nearly 6" tall, and has light coloured hair. He is a moderately attractive young man, but nothing that would really stand out in a crowd. He acts with quiet optimism most of the time, covering up a sense of nervousness that he feels nearly every second he's awake. Reason for this nervousness? Unknown as of now. Perhaps the story will uncover the reason. More than likely though, I will forget about it and leave it out of the Grand Skeem of Things. Moving away from Jason A.D. Simon though.
Seeing how I'm already getting bored with this tale, I believe that I’ll end this first entry into The Red Basin with this. Hopefully it has at least peeked your interest slightly, or at least marginally enough for you to perhaps seek out and read a second entry, if it ever comes to be published on this page. As for me, I'll continue adding illustration to my Box of Assorted Bolts, so keep informed, and keep your eye on My Dominion!

No comments: