Friday, August 8, 2008

Part 3

I’m sick of introductions and prologues. I’ve written both parts of a one part intro, and it’s almost made me not want to continue this masterpiece. But, I shall preserver. Anyways, this is the first chapter of The Red Basin, and it’s going to be a good one, possibly seeding ideas for a good two. Now, I don’t know how I’m going to write this story.. weather I have it as a descriptive type thing (eg. Noah got up and stretched lazily. The sun peeked through his half-shut blinds like the little Australian man who usually did the same.) or if I’ll possibly do it first person, through the perspective of Noah (eg. I got up and stretched lazily. The sun peeked through my half-shut blinds like the little Australian man who usually did the same.). Either way is entertaining, and neither should be put to rest… except that I think the first person one is useless and gone. Guess it’s third person for us! Well. Here we go…


Our Story Begins….


Noah got up and stretched lazily. The sun peeked through his half-shut blinds like the little Australian man who usually did the same. It was eleven o’clock, on a Tuesday. This particular Tuesday was situated near the end of the month of October. Noah looked at his Puppies-and-Kitties wall- calendar, and became aware of the fact that I just dictated to you. This months picture was an adorable little kitten, tan in colour, sitting in a carved out pumpkin. Noah stretched again, and sat up, then, reaching for a pair of previously discarded pants and slid them on over his pale underpants. After his pants were pretty much secured on, he scratched his messy hair and called out “The G Bomb! Get me some coffee, please!” There was the sound of atomic powered gears going into motion, and a buzzing as the short robot The G Bomb rolled into Noah’s room, crunching CD cases and dirty laundry in his direct path to his summoner. “Dark please, The G Bomb, with two sugar.” The robot hummed and vibrated a bit, then a small, pleasant-sounding bell went off, and his chest cabinet opened up revealing a piping hot cup of coffee. Noah reached for it, and as his hand was nearly on the cup, the robot backed up slightly, making Noah tumble out of his bed onto the floor, breaking more CD cases in the process. “Ugh..” Noah crawled back onto the bed and rubbed his elbow, which had taken the brunt of his spill, and snatched up the cup of coffee from the now stationary robot. Once again rubbing his elbow, Noah took a sip of his coffee. Mid sip, however, his face scrunched up into a frown, and he looked over at The G Bomb “This coffee is awful!” The robot began humming again, and its eye-plate lit up red.
“I will annihilate you!” it rasped, in its buzzing metallic voice.
“Yea, yea, I know you will.” Noah sighed, pouring the coffee into a fishbowl on the ground and putting the now empty cup into the overflowing trash can. “Just go get the mail.” The G Bomb hummed and rolled out of the room, making sure to knock over the coffee-filled fish bowl as it went. Noah gave another long sigh and put an old John Lennon t-shirt over the puddle. “Well, I guess it’s off to work for me.” Noah stood up and looked around his room, once again tending his elbow. What should I wear? It’s my first day at my new job, and I want to impress them. Noah scanned the room again, this time his eyes came to rest on the open (and very empty) closet, and, for the third time this morning, Noah let out a long sigh.

“Where’s Noah?” a young girl, who in fact was the only young girl I’ve introduced (Emily Watson) asked the empty room, as she paced back and forth. Noah was over three hours late, which wasn’t that unusual, but this time it was the fact that he was three hours late for his first day at work that bothered Emily. Amazingly (which I can fit in any time I want, being the god and creator of this story) the door to the bare room squeaked open and Noah entered, looking slightly disheveled followed closely by The G Bomb. “What are you doing here so late Noah!? I’ve been here for almost-.” She stopped mid sentence as she got a closer look at Noah. “What happened to you?” Her eyes examined Noah’s shirt, which seemed to be covered in a large coffee stain. “Missed your mouth?” she asked, with a slight smile.
“Hilarious.” Noah groaned. “my robot was acting up, and I didn’t have any clean cloths, so I had to wear this shirt.”
“That was your cleanest shirt?”
“Well, yea.” Noah said, without looking Emily in the face. She stood and looked at Noah for a second longer, than shook her head.
“Anyways, we have a job to do. I got a call from Jason [seems like I’ve used four characters already!] and he needs us to go across town and pick up some tables for him at Donny’s Discount Tablery. He said something about fancy white trimmed ones or something? I don’t know. But yea, we have to go get them, so we can get paid. You remember what getting paid is, right? It’s where someone gives you money so you can do laundry maybe? Or perhaps buy deodorant?”
“I smell just fine, you whore.” retorted Noah, giving himself a quick sniff. “I smell like Kenyan Dark, with two sugar. That’s a fine smell!”
“Incorrect. You disgust all.” The G Bomb commented.
“I really need to get that thing fixed.” Noah shrugged.
“Right. Well. Whatever, we still need to get going. I left Princess [that’s five characters!] in the car, and she doesn’t like to be left alone for more than ten minutes, let alone three hours! Let’s go!” Emily commanded as she pointed out the door. Noah grumbled and turned to walk out, but without budging The G Bomb held its ground and Noah banged his shin into the small robot. After a second collecting himself, Noah proceeded to go around the stubborn machine after which The G Bomb hummed alive and rolled along behind him, Emily following close in tow…

Well, there’s the beginning of chapter one. I don’t want it to be too long, and I don’t feel like writing any more right now, but it’s getting better, I must say. The story is now in motion! Noah, Emily and The G Bomb are on their way to Emily’s car to get Princess and be on their way to Donny’s Discount Tablery. The next part of this chapter, will introduce Princess as a fairly major player in the Grand Skeem of things, and possibly even make you weep, it’s so touching.
Hope that was satisfactory, it will improve until you cry every time you think about The Red Basin.
Anyways, go do something productive now, you slacker!

No comments: