Friday, August 8, 2008

Part 2

So as I sit here at work, gleaning a story out of my previous entry, I came to a startling realization: Character descriptions are boring, and can go to hell. I’ll simply list some characters now (in order of height) and some of their prominent features/relationships with other characters. Maybe after I get this damn dirty anti-blog out of my system, I can finally begin the actual STORY concerning the Red Basin. Anyhow, these are the characters.

Noah Robbering – Shortest character, but not by much. Also, coincidentally, the main character. Noah is a young boy of no more than… possibly 15, although I’m sure my opinion and description of him will change once the story starts. He’s blonde, maybe, and has a pierced ear? No, that’s not good. We’ll say that he doesn’t have a pierced ear, but some type of scar, maybe on his face. Enough about this little thing though, I don’t feel like adding more about him.
So there you have it, the main character, although already I think I’m going to upgrade his age to about 25. 15 is too young to be interesting. And he’s not blonde anymore. He has brown hair. Also, since I’m changing him, he won’t be the shortest anymore. He’ll be the fifth shortest.
Emily Watson – This girl is the protagonist’s sidekick. She’s a little bit shorter than him. In general, she’s always in good humor, and goes about solving mysteries in her free time, very akin to Penny Gadget (from the epically popular Inspector Gadget series). Her attitudes and appearance are very different though, and she’s not juvenile and annoying like Penny, but moderately mature and has a more realistic outlook on things. She has a small dog (the kind suitable for putting in a purse or handbag) whose name is Princess, and is known more or less as a cliché. The dog won’t come into play terribly often although I’m sure I can fit it into some devious sub-plot or side-story. Possibly aliens. Anyways, Emily can be described as cute, because honestly, who wants to hear a story about an ugly or unattractive person? Unless that person is being used for comic relief, or the story is one so unserious that people won’t care weather the person is ugly or not. This brings me to my next character, whom I just came up with from my own inspiration.
Sven Ploon – Sven is ugly. And fat. He’s a big fat ugly guy, who no one really likes to hang out with, because of the previous description of him. Like I said, nobody wants to read a story about an ugly person, unless he’s for comic relief. Which is all that this smelly wad of flesh good for. End of description. (apart from this little ditty about his name being funny. Sven Ploon.. Man I’m clever!)
Carlos Runningwater – This gentleman is rather svelte. Stemming from a long line of rich, greasy people, Carlos is a menace to society. Only in the sense that he’s useless and thinks he’s not, and that he’s rather unpleasant to smell or be around. Having spent all his inherited money on a ludicrously overpriced tattoo on his chest/back/shoulders/arms/legs, Carlos also used up his fortune on a lifetime supply of brill cream, so his short dark hair is in a constant state of slicked-back. He’ll come up in the story more often as an information provider or kneecap buster. His physical strength is rather meek, but his leather jacket and pants cover up his frame well enough to make him intimidating.
Vegan Sans – This character has been added simply for the sake of an having an additional character. I’ll describe him when I feel the need.
The G Bomb – This character has been added due to a certain other person existing on the internet. He has requested that a character made in his liking be added to the story, and so it shall be. I, however get to choose this character’s description, behavior, and whatever else I want in order for him to be in the tale of The Red Basin. The G Bomb is an atomically powered robot. His powers include x-ray vision, rocket feet, and of course, a coffee machine in his chest. He owned by Noah and used sort of as a second sidekick (or a sidekick, which is the technical term.). His creator, Dr. Enthusio, made him to be the ultimate killing machine, but after having created him, he realized that this little robot wasn’t equipped with anything to achieve such killing (except perhaps educing cancer with prolonged exposure to his x-ray vision). So long story shortened slightly, The G Bomb is menacing, and hates all humans, but can’t do anything about it, and no one takes him seriously. What a drag, you poor little robot.
Dr. Enthusio – Seeing how I just made this character up from the previous mention of a Dr., I’ll have to describe him, won’t I? Well, we’ll be quick about it, my coffee’s getting cold. Colder. Well, he’s a scientist of the fairly mad persuasion, and wears… black with purple trim? French cuffs on his shirt with eyeball cuff links. Crazy hair, glasses, the whole deal. Yea. He had a son who died or something, and made The G Bomb as a replacement maybe. I don’t care. He’s going to be a villain of some sort, I guess, but he may be just a kindly old man who’s misunderstood (unlikely, that’s boring). There we have it. Dr. Enthusio.

I guess as far as character descriptions go, this is going very well, although I have slightly contradicted my opening statement by making this entry so much longer than the last one. But oh well, I’m not afraid of a little constructive criticism, from either you, or your Aunt Myrtle (who’s a bitch, by the way). I assume that I can post this, and then perhaps later make actual progress into the telling of the story. Whatever happens, I’m not going to argue. I do have a long day here at work, and I’ve only been here for 2.28 hours. 5.72 more hours to go. Oh damn! I need to add illustrations! Arg… this is going to take all day now! Oh well. They’ll be good, I hope. Or maybe they’ll be nothing. Either way, you’ve just spent about 10 minutes reading this entry, and you can’t un-read it, so ha. Hope you stick around for the next installment of…

No comments: